Middle schoolers at CLA are part of a safe and nurturing community. Team building and servant leadership are woven throughout the curriculum. We recognize the unique learning styles of 7th & 8th graders, and offer an environment where students are able to succeed. Individualized attention and a focus on discipleship empower students as they develop into mature learners for the 21st century.
Fall Adventure Days
- 7th & 8th grade students build relationships with one another and practice team building as they participate in two days of outdoor activities at regional camps and parks.
- The Middle School curriculum cultivates students’ academic and spiritual development. Our core team of middle school specialists offer individualized attention for each learner. Students are engaged in diverse learning activities, including project and inquiry based, designed to foster their ability to think critically and creatively.
- Teachers guide students as they improve their technology, organizational and study skills.
- CLA offers musical and theatrical opportunities for our Middle Schoolers.
- Our student-led Praise Team performs at weekly chapels.
- Actors and the tech crew are involved in producing our annual Spring Drama. Past productions include Les Miserables, works by Shakespeare, Dr. Seuss, and more.
- CLA partners with Encore Ensembles to offer students private band lessons and ensemble practice. Students perform at our annual Christmas and spring concerts.
Middle School Sports
- Boys: soccer, basketball, baseball
- Girls: volleyball, basketball, softball
- Boys and girls work on their teamwork and character development as they participate in fall, winter and spring sports.
- Middle School students participate in camps and structured off-season activities to enhance their skills during the summer months.
Middle schoolers develop servant leadership skills through their annual bowl-a-thon, which raises funds for CLA.